I made a couple of changes to my scutter, that basically broke under the weight of foaf. I got rid of the 2 table provenance system that let me remove duplicate triples from the main store, this dramatically slowed queries (the store is more than double the size if you don’t remove duplicates). It made it at least work for scuttering, but is too slow to be used for live querying now. A shame, but it was never meant to be robust, or scalable, just a boot-strap to get foafnaut running.
One good thing I added was smushing based on schema reading, so it reads the FOAF schema queries which are owl:inverseFunctionalProperties and smushes on these - it would smush on any others in any vocab it found, but it didn’t find any.